Image Map

February 1, 2013

My 50 piece Wardrobe...

Yep...you read that correctly. A wardrobe consisting of 50 pieces... I mean seriously, how many pieces from your closet do you actually wear? You, like me, probably have so many items still with tags on them. Living overseas I realized that I could take one item and wear it a million and 50 different ways. Okay, so I've been known to exaggerate, but I'm looking to challenge myself. I've gone through my closet and pulled out all the shirts, skirts, pants and third-pieces that I could live without and held on to a 50-piece wardrobe. To be exact, that's 15 shirts, 10 skirts, 10 pants, 6 dresses and 9 sweaters/blazers. 

Oh, the challenge that lies before me.  I'm sure that it will take some tweaking and some trial and errors, but that's the beauty of going down to 50 pieces, I can figure out what is truly my style and stick with it! So far, here are the shirts: 



Notice the price tags? I'm not sure that this will be the end of all the items in my closet, but it's certainly a start. If your interested in going through the items I'm planning to ditch: check em out here!! Zara, H&M, Mango, Banana Repulic, Gap - a few other names, too all priced between $5 - $20.  Idk how this will work itself out, but we shall see! 

Have you ever thought about reducing your wardrobe? 

2 comments:

  1. Cute pieces! And on your eBay store, I like the polka dot olive colored shirt! if I wasn't growing outward at this stage in my life I'm buy it from ya! I won't be buying any clothes until i drop this load.

    I think 50 pieces are a good amount to keep and re-mix. I'm going to stick around and see how you put it all together.

    I think about down-sizing my closet and drawers all the time but I just never "get around" to it. There are certain pieces I know I have no interest in wearing anymore and I get rid of those are I come across them. I'd just like to do my closet COMPLETELY over at this point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is where I am too Vee, trying to figure out what I really like when it comes to clothes and what truly speaks to my personality and what will showcase that immediately!!




      Delete

I sincerely appreciate the comments! From one selfless person to another, thank you!