Image Map

September 21, 2010

HAIRstory #7

Hair Schedule 2010 - 2011
In honor of my previous post, I'd like to share with you my "hair schedule" for 2010 - 2011. Of course everyone's goal is to grow their hair longer; however, I've always struggled with having a baby mullet (as seen in my photo below: March 2007) so I'd like for my hair to even out before I try growing it longer. Meaning, I'd like the front and the back to be the same length visually. Currently the front is technically longer according to the ruler! But, the back appears to be longer because it trails down my back! Perception can often be deception!



I only assumed that the front would be shorter because I use to have bangs; however, this only allowed the front and the back to be the same length! Another hair dresser suggested that I get the back cut twice as short as the front to help me with the visual indifference. So, now when I go in to have my ends clipped I'm going to ask for a 1/4 inch in the front and a 1/2 inch in the back - I'll let you know how that goes Oct. 23rd!

The Hair Schedule 2010-2011
April 22nd : "Big Chop!" I started wearing my hair as a wash and go with ecostyler gel and a leave-in-conditioner. Realized I didn't like the shrinkage I experienced and reverted back to straightenings.
#front length: bridge of nose#


June 20th: Straighten hair for the last time before I decided to start a "no heat" regimen to include wearing protective styles, stretching by braiding as well as washing and deep conditioning weekly. (Usually a Saturday Fiasco)
#front length: between lips#

August 27th: Straightened hair after two months of a "no-heat" regimen.
#front length: cusp of chin#

September 4th/5th/6th: braided hair used 100% Kanekolon braiding hair. Used african insertion technique to match the natural hair braiding pattern.
#front length: cusp of chin#


Goals for the remainder of the year:
9/6/2010 - 10/23/2010: Wear hair in braids, washing bimonthly, oiling with K for Konkashun! (post coming soon) weekly, re braiding front braids as they begin to stress edges, remove braids gradually during the week ending 10/23/10!

10/23/10: Celebrate 2 years of permed-free hair and 6 months of being completely natural!! Make an appointment to have hair professionally deep conditioned, washed, PERMED-just kidding, pressed and my ends trimmed 1/4-1/2.

10/23/10 - 11/6/10: Allow hair to breathe! "No-heat" protective styles.

Weekend of 11/6/10: Re braid hair

11/6/10 - 12/18/10: Wear hair in braids

Weekend of 12/18/10: Unbraid hair

12/18/10 - 1/2/11: Allow hair to breathe! Because I won't be in school I'll be searching for new protective styles during this time.

1/2/11 - 2/11/11: "No-heat" regimen: Protective Styles, stretching through braiding, washing weekly.

2/11/11: Straighten hair for Valentine's Day! Wrap nightly to extend hair style longevity.

2/19/11: Re braid hair

2/19/11 - 4/16/11: Wear hair in Braids.

4/16/11 - 4/22/11 : Protective Styles

4/22/11: Celebrate 1 year of completely natural hair and 2 1/2 years of being perm-free! Professionally washed, deep conditioned, and trimmed! Can't wait!! Hopefully no more Baby Mullet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate the comments! From one selfless person to another, thank you!