Trying to maintain a 1500 calorie diet is a bit challenging. I find myself reading labels as I am shopping and recieve stares from the elderly (remember I'm in geriatricville) as if I'm the crazy one! In my attemps to tone and begin to live a healthier lifestyle, I have had to become very creative with the combinations of foods and the type of meals I eat! I absolutely love carbs: pasta, bread and cheese and would pay you a million bucks for sugar! Sadly, these food tote the greatest calories!! After two weeks of this diet, I must admit I am addicted to counting calories and have become a health fanatic! I'd never thought I would be able to be so focused when it came to food, now my next challenge is EXCERCISE!! Ugghhh!
Here's a meal I made this week!
Karen's Honey'd Chicken
*sans fat* (121 calories per serving)
6 drumstick (72c)
1/4c Honey (60c)
1/4c Soy Sauce (7c)
1 tsp. Vanilla (2c)
1. Remove fat from drumsticks
2. Mix all ingredients with 6 cups of water
3. Place covered pot on stove on HIGH until water boils.
4. Turn stove to 6 and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
5. Turn oven to 400
6. Turn stove to HIGH for 5 minutes uncovered.
7. Pour contents into a oven-safe bowl and cook for an hour
8. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Enjoy with rice and vegetables.
With love to last a lifetime, Kay!